Algeria, the largest country in the African continent has a diverse range of things to offer to the travelers. Algeria is a home to charming cities, winding streets and stunning architecture. Apart from that, the important attraction of the country remains Sahara desert, which is never ending and mysterious. It also has ancient attractions and numerous World Heritage Sites ranging from the city of Batna to reach the Roman ruins of Timgad. When not trekking the Sahara, tourists can go to the Mediterranean Sea on the north coast, where the stunning beaches await. Below mentioned are some of the attractions, which will make you plan a trip to this captivating country
- Take a tour of Sahara desert on a Camel: The best way to experience the deserts of Sahara is on the Camel. For an unforgettable experience, camp overnight in the deserts of Sahara.
- Tamanrasset: It is a modern and lively town, where you can expect a number of shops, restaurants, banks and travel amenities. This town is a base if you want to explore the Ahaggar National Park.
- Ben Aknoun Zoo: It is one of the oldest zoos in Algeria, which is a home to varied number of animals like monkeys, camels, tigers, elephants, and even crocodiles. Here you find different peaceful picnic places surrounded with restaurants and hotels.
- Notre-Dame d’Afrique: Notre-Dame d’Afrique (Our Lady of Africa) is a Roman Catholic basilica situated in Algiers. It was known to be the Louis-Antoine-Augustin Pavy, the person who was as the Bishop of Algiers from the year 1846 to 1866.
- Algerian Beaches: Due to lack of commercialization, Algerian beaches remain one of the best attractions. The Turquoise Coast remains the favorite of visitors, but others like Canastel, Ain El Turk, Les Andalouses, and Sablettes are also good to visit.
Apart from this, Algeria offers great chance for maritime pursuits like scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and even sailing and surfing.