Algeria, the largest country in the African continent has a diverse range of things to offer to the travelers. Algeria is a home to charming cities, winding streets and stunning architecture. Apart from that, the important attraction of the country remains Sahara desert, which is never ending and mysterious. It also has ancient attractions and numerous World Heritage Sites ranging from the city of Batna to reach the Roman ruins of Timgad. When not trekking the Sahara, tourists can go to the Mediterranean Sea on the north coast, where the stunning beaches await. Below mentioned are some of the attractions, which will make you plan a trip to this captivating country
- Take a tour of Sahara desert on a Camel: The best way to experience the deserts of Sahara is on the Camel. For an unforgettable experience, camp overnight in the deserts of Sahara.
- Tamanrasset: It is a modern and lively town, where you can expect a number of shops, restaurants, banks and travel amenities. This town is a base if you want to explore the Ahaggar National Park.
- Ben Aknoun Zoo: It is one of the oldest zoos in Algeria, which is a home to varied number of animals like monkeys, camels, tigers, elephants, and even crocodiles. Here you find different peaceful picnic places surrounded with restaurants and hotels.
- Notre-Dame d’Afrique: Notre-Dame d’Afrique (Our Lady of Africa) is a Roman Catholic basilica situated in Algiers. It was known to be the Louis-Antoine-Augustin Pavy, the person who was as the Bishop of Algiers from the year 1846 to 1866.
- Algerian Beaches: Due to lack of commercialization, Algerian beaches remain one of the best attractions. The Turquoise Coast remains the favorite of visitors, but others like Canastel, Ain El Turk, Les Andalouses, and Sablettes are also good to visit.
Apart from this, Algeria offers great chance for maritime pursuits like scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and even sailing and surfing.
Johannesburg, a famous city of South Africa, is commonly known as Jo’burg or Jozi. Johannesburg is an African city, which is a seamless combination of irreconcilable differences. Apart from being largest and wealthiest, Johannesburg is the economic powerhouse of Africa. It is the rapidly changing city that is known as the vibrant heart of South Africa. Johannesburg is a booming and happening city, having world’s richest gold fields. No matter, if you visit for a cultural encounter or an adrenaline rush or simply for relaxation, the city of Johannesburg has everything to offer! As the country’s primary industrial and financial metropolis, Johannesburg is now looking optimistically towards the future. Some of the popular attractions of Johannesburg are mentioned below
- Gold Reef City: Situated at eight kilometers from the city center, Gold Reef City is an amusement park, where visitors can experience the gold rush days through a series of thrilling theme park rides and historical exhibits. You can also tour a disused shaft of the Crown Mines and can see reproductions of buildings and businesses from the 19th century.
- Constitution Hill: Constitution Hill is a former prison, it is the place where most people were jailed for the liberation struggle. The ‘Number Four’ prison held popular liberation leaders including Nelson Mandela and Gandhi. It gives an insight of the dark prison system and fascinating history of South Africa.
- Liliesleaf Farm: Liliesleaf Farm gives a detail of Johannesburg’s northern suburbs. Also, it was the secret headquarters of the African National Congress (ANC) from the year 1961 until a dramatic raid that happened in the year 1963.
- Apartheid Museum: A visit to South Africa’s appalling apartheid era is must for thorough understanding. A series of graphic yet informative exhibits are featured in this museum. This museum illustrates the emergence and end of apartheid, which was the racially prejudiced system that spoiled much of the growth and crowned half a century of struggle.
From the timeless serenity of the desert to the peppy and bustling souk, Dubai is city that should be seen to believe. Dubai is glitzy, cultural, urban and glamorous. It is a city that not only has the best contemporary sightings but has also has some of the most intriguing historical attractions. It is UAE’s best holiday spot because of high-rises and shopping malls and family fun. Apart from having many cultural highlights, Dubai also has glamorous modern add-ons. Dubai is basically segregated into two sections- Deira on the north and Bur Dubai to the south; and is expanded along both banks of the Creek. From record-breaking architecture to traditional quarters to man-made islands, there is nothing that could be left unseen in Dubai. Below mentioned are some of the places you must see on you visit Dubai.
The Burj Khalifa: World’s tallest structure, the Burj Khalifa is open since January 2010 and is among the major tourist attractions in Dubai. On the 148th floor, you can experience the world’s highest watching from a height of 555 metres.
Heritage and Diving Village: You can visit Heritage and Diving Village of Dubai to experience its cultural, architectural, and maritime heritage. In this village, you can see the recreations of traditional Bedouin and coastal village life. Also, there are Persian homes, traditional coffeehouses, and souk.
Palm Jumeirah: It is a man-made palm-shaped island and is one of Dubai’s architectural triumphs. It is an artificial island having wide range of high-end hotels, including One&Only, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Fairmont, the Waldorf Astoria, and, the iconic Atlantis, The Palm.
Dubai miracle garden: It is one of the world’s largest flower garden in Dubai, which is of most popular tourist attraction. This flower garden is Dubai will treat you with around 109 million flowers to witness.